Scotland's long history of horticultural beauty
We will visit both public landmarks that are world renowned, as well as private gardens for which the owners have kindly and exclusively opened their gates for the American Horticultural Society.
J. Dean Norton will be accompanying you on this tour. In addition to being Director of Horticulture for George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens. With a degree in plant sciences from Clemson University, Dean is one of the most passionate and personable horticulturists you will ever meet.
Our tour leader will be Specialtours’ Verity Smith. Verity studied history of art at Bristol University and has a particular interest in architecture. Verity led our successful AHS trip to Gloucestershire and the Chelsea Flower Show in 2014.
• Explore renowned gardens including the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and the Garden of Cosmic Speculation.
• Visit Abbotsford House, the restored home of Sir Walter Scott (the author of Ivanhoe), with gardens he designed.
• Enjoy a reception on board the Royal Yacht Britannia, one of the most famous ships in the world and former home to Her Majesty The Queen.
• The Blythswood Square hotel in Glasgow, is a 5-star spa hotel overlooking beautiful gardens and one of the most elegant and chic properties in this culturally rich city.
• The Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, affectionately known as “The Caley,” sits in the shadow of the Edinburgh Castle and is just a two-minute walk from the designer stores and fashionable bars of George Street.
• The Roxburghe Hotel in Roxburghshire, set in the beautiful Scottish Borders region, boasts a championship golf course and is also noted for its personal touches.
For more information and to make reservations, please contact Susan Klejst, Director of Development & Engagement at email@example.com or (703) 768-5700 ext. 127. Our fax number is (703) 768-8700.