Gardens, Wine & Wilderness
Featuring stops on both the North and South Islands, our tour has been expertly designed to provide that perfect balance between stimulation and relaxation. This Kiwi adventure will take us to some of the most spectacular places on earth. Along the way we'll have ample opportunity to enjoy the country's exceptional wines, fine seafood and other culinary delights, and rich history.
Our AHS Host for the trip will be Panayoti Kelaidis, who is Senior Curator and Director of Outreach at the Denver Botanic Gardens in Colorado, where he has worked for more than 30 years. Tour Leader Richard Lyon is a native Kiwi who practices landscape architecture in southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Exclusive tours of private urban and country gardens
- The serene splendor of protected natural areas
- Learning about Maori traditions and history
- Sampling authentic cuisine and distinctive wines
- The camaraderie of a small group of travelers with similar interests
- The historic Hermitage Hotel in a national park at the foot of Mount Cook, the country's tallest mountain
- The 5-star Marlborough Vintners Hotel nestled in vineyards
- Cruise and overnight stay on the Fjordland Navigator yacht in Doubtful Sound
For more information and to make reservations, please contact Susan Klejst, Director of Development & Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 768-5700 ext. 127.