Thank you for participating in our 2017 Spring Garden Market on Earth Day weekend at River Farm. See you again next year!
Friday, April 21, 2017
10 a.m. to 12 p.m. AHS Members-Only Morning, with complimentary coffee and minimal crowds. Current members must show a membership card or other proof of membership. Non-members may join on site for admittance.
12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Open to all. Kids and leashed pets welcome too!
Saturday, April 22, 2017 CLOSED EARLY DUE TO RAIN! APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE!
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Open to all. Kids and leashed pets welcome, too!
Kick off the gardening season and get your green on at the Spring Garden Market, taking place at River Farm, home of the American Horticultural Society (get directions here)! Here are some highlights to expect:
- Vendors from across the Mid-Atlantic region will be selling a wide variety of plants and seeds, along with garden decor, accessories, books, and botanically themed art.
- Rocklands BBQ food truck will offer refreshments, or you may bring a picnic to enjoy.
- Garden Carts: A limited number of carts and wheelbarrows will be available for carrying purchases to your car, but we suggested visitors BYOC (bring your own cart).
- Plant Hold Tent: Park your purchases in one spot while you complete your shopping. When you're ready, plant porters will be on hand to assist you to your car.
- Master Gardeners: Get research-based answers to your gardening questions.
- Art Show: Inside the Estate House, enjoy a botanically themed art show. All pieces are for sale (a percentage of the price is donated to River Farm).
Parking: FREE for AHS members with valid membership card, and $5 per car (cash only) for non-members. This parking fee may be applied toward an AHS membership.
Please note that parking is not permitted on East Boulevard Drive outside of River Farm's gates, per the National Park Service - towing is enforced.
Proceeds from the Spring Garden Market benefit the American Horticultural Society's outreach programs and the stewardship of River Farm. For more information, call (703) 768-5700.